Thursday, June 21, 2012

Final first week post..social apps

In with the old and in with the new. I have downloaded Facebook app onto this ipad within which I have had a wall for several years. I like fb because I can keep up with old friends. Almost 200 'friends' have been chosen by me to keep in touch. I feel safe using Facebook due to the fact that I can control who sees my posts, information and photos. I just check my settings periodically to ensure my privacy. Now, I have to admit to avoiding Twitter, mostly because I feel like one social network is enough to manage and keep up with. However, this spring/summer fwsu teachers and admin are tweeting about our new action plan so I have given in and joined Twitter. There is, in fact, a chat tonight at 8:30 re the action plan so I think I'll participate for a short time on my iPad. I have the option of how long I participate in the chat and it will be relevant due to the fact that I was just at a meeting today where we talked about the action plan. Attendance at the meeting was low so maybe missing committee members will chat tonight. I will let you all know what I think about Twitter. I'm keeping an open mind!

10 comments:

  1. You are such a good girl. Thank you for attending and being a twit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your splashy colors on your blog! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to twitter. I also have fb and twitter. Fb I use for purely social stuff and twitter I keep professional it helps keep me fom mixing the two. Just a thought

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the. Idea of keeping one for work & one for social.

      Delete
  4. I do the same thing that MJ does, but I am both a slack FBer and Tweeter. I spend time looking at posts on both, but seldom comment. I am still getting my brain around the best way to use Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like twitter for its ability to reach out into the wider world of education and news to see what is happening. Lots of talk about personalization on the twit lines!

      Delete
  5. Just curios as to how your tweeting went?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve. So the tweeting went kind of rough for me. Maybe it's because I'm new to it but I found it to be confusing and difficult follow a thread of conversation. It felt rather like those of us involved with the chat were responding to questions randomly and none of the conversations had resolution/closure. I may also be more used to instant messaging which immediate responses and a 1:1 conversation.

      Delete
    2. Sorry for the typos! Keyboard is acting weird....probably needs charging. I haven't made it in to work in my room since class day. Do you know when the building is open next week?

      Delete