Thursday, June 21, 2012

Observations & Questions

My hand hurts... Holding the iPad in one hand and typing with the other each day this week is causing discomfort. I really don't want to develop carpal tunnel (sp?). So I am trying to remember to change positions frequently. Question for you all...how come I can't get emoticons to publish in a comment? I sent Carol a cute one and all that came up was a dud. Booooo Sorry I missed the Mc D's party. Looks like you all were having a great time!

2 comments:

  1. That is a really good question and I don't know why it doesn't work. I wonder if comments are just straight html so they don't pick up the emoji? I have left happy little faces all over folks comments and gotten those dumb question marks instead.

    I learned recently that there are a whole slew of brand spanking new physical ailments caused by our little mobile device friends. I noted that when I had spent an extended time on my iPad and looked up, my eyes didn't focus right-- it was especially exciting the night I had to drive in the mostly dark after hours of working on class stuff! Darned if that isn't a recorded and noted syndrome called Screen something or other... Fatigue Syndrome? Something like that! I can buy new glasses to help with it, but I think instead I will just look up more often! Glad you are trying to remember to change position. Don't hurt yourself.

    This is a thing that we are probably going to have to be aware of as we move forward, both for ourselves and our students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew. Glad to know that I'm not the only one with vision issues. Thanks for sharing that. I feel better now!

    ReplyDelete