Friday, June 29, 2012

Adventures in Twitter...kinda

My exploration for the past several days has moved away from game apps a bit and focused more on connecting/communicating with iPad. As I mentioned in a prior blog I have ventured into the land of tweeting. I shared with Steve in a blog last night that I have found Twitter to be initially confusing and difficult to follow during multiple member chats. While participating in a fwsu action plan live chat last week I had difficulty following conversations. This was mostly because tweets appear as soon as they are written and therefore responses to questions and comments are mixed in with each other. I found it difficult to follow one thread of conversation. (I'm guessing this could be because I am used to 1:1 chatting on facebook) The chat that night appeared to end with very little conclusion/resolution.

Having said this, I'm guessing that there is much more for me to learn about twitter and once I become more fluent I may end up very happy with this communication tool. In fact, on a positive note, I opted out of joining in the weekly action plan chat last night so I found the thread today, read the tweets and added in my 2 cents. I didn't have to participate at 8:30 last night in order to have my voice be heard! Now that is pretty cool. And, while reading through the tweets, I realized that the thoughts, comments, and questions are archived and will be very important to return to in committee conversations (i.e. Professional Development planning...Julie & MJ!)

I've included a picture of what the action plan chat thread looks like for you. My tweet 'handle' is #PSu72310. This chat is public and ANYONE can join in. Just create a Twitter account, give yourself a name and go! Don't be afraid of it. You don't have to participate in chats if you don't want to. You can just follow along and see what others are saying. BONUS: you can follow fun tweeters like you favorite movie or rock stars if they tweet!

4 comments:

  1. Pam
    I am a Twitter novice, but I tried to read the FWSU action plan tweets. I searched today June 30 with hashtag#FWSU. Isaw a couple of tweets from Ned and John Tague about joining the upcoming tweet ( which by now has already happened)
    I did not see any discussion or your tweet. Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue. I'm new to Twitter also so I'm not quite sure how to get you to the chat tweets. I thought searching for #fwsu would bring you to it. Actually if you select me and Ned to 'follow', our tweets will come up automatically for you to read. If you participate in the next chat use #fwsu in your tweets so that all participants can see you. I think I'll google for help with Tweeter to get better at this. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam
    Thanks for the advice. Let me know if you figure anything out
    Sue

    ReplyDelete